Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Gods Do Answer

One thing that I have learned this month is this:

ASK ENOUGH TIMES AND YE SHALL RECEIVE!

All month long I have been performing little deeds and gestures in the name of Erzulie Freda, the Voodoo lwa of love, luxury, and wealth. Back in October, a psychic gave me a reading (which is a story and a half, let ne tell you) and she told me to look to Erzulie Freda for help on all my issues back then. She is very much the epitome of a nickname my mother called me when I was younger; The Princess of Quite-a-lot. She loves love and money and the good things on life. She's a bit spoiled and pouts when she doesn't get everything she wants (altho I have yet to hear her complain that the chocolate vodka is an unworthy offering. When Im ready to really butter her up, then I'll get her favorite pink champagne). She reminds me of Eartha Kitt in a sparkly pink robe, speaking with the thick accent of Tia Dalma. She and The Old Man flirt a lot and sometimes seem to gang up on me, but it has all turned out for the best.

As February draws to a close, I still have unfinished projects sitting ony altar. Although with the upcoming re-organizing the bedroom project we're planning for the weekend, theybwill most likey stay where they are for a few more days. Or until I order that liquid latex after paying rent. I still have to make EZ her own altar, but for now her doll (pics forthcoming) seems content to sit w/ a bunch of Ninja Turtles and plush foxes.

But even with the projects left unfinished, She has apparently been pleased enough with my progress to grant a wish that I didn't even know I was asking. I've been so worried that things were going to fail, thinking I knew how my Gods were going to manifest my wishes and prayers, that it took me by surprise when all the pieces fell into place and I suddenly found myself in a situation that had always felt more like a pipedream than any possible reality.

2010 was a rough year on my sanity. 2011 is like a deep tissue massage after an ordeal; there are still sore spots but the kinks are getting worked out and I can finally begin to relax and enjoy it.


Thank you, Erzulie Freda. Thank you, Odin. Thank you, my guardian spirits. I'm finally seeing the benefit of listening to You All instead of thinking I know what the he'll I'm doing. Let's keep up this quid pro quo arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment