Friday, February 11, 2011

Spread the Love



Love is meant to be shared.


Today I tied a raffia bow around a bottle of patchouli shower gel, b/c the old woman who was buying it, told me it was her birthday. No one announces their birthday to a perfect stranger unless they're fishing for a response, even if it's automatic and not truly genuine.
When i came back with the bottle and went "Surprise! Happy Birthday ^_^!", she hugged me.
She got a little choked up and thanked me, saying she'd had a rotten week, and all she wanted was to take a bath w/ her favorite soap. She was worried that we were out, but was lucky enough to have me find the last bottle, which was literally right behind her.

Later, at my other job, a regular customer was getting his coffee and couldn't find his cash. All he had were his credit cards and he really didn't want to resort to using them for a simple cup of coffee.
He was about to go out to his car and check for the dropped money when I canceled the sale, pushed his coffee towards him and waved it off. "Don't worry about it, you're good to go."*
He insisted on paying for it, or at the very least coming back tomorrow with the money. I assured him ti was fine, and to consider it an early Valentine's gift. He still insisted, and I just smiled and again assured him it was OK, just enjoy the coffee and have a nice night.
Finally, he smiles and thanks me for it, explaining that it was actually for his wife. She loves the hazelnut cappuccino we have, and sends him out to get it.

And we may have a houseguest for a little while, depending on what happens over the weekend. A co-worker just found out her BF is cheating on her. She moved up here a year ago to be w/ him, and her nearest relative is 3 states away.
When I told her situation to B, he nodded and said "So, when do you want me to clean the living room and set up the spare bed?"
She knows we're available to take her in if she needs it, and we have a few days to get ready. Either way, it's a damn good excuse to clean the apartment (like I've been putting off far too long >_>).

Also, I'm currently plotting a special (LITERAL) Fetish charm for my dear friend, Morte. Which is going to be the coolest WitchyCraft I've ever done! ^____________^

Love means different things to different people. But no matter HOW you choose to show it, it all boils down to two little words:

"I CARE"



*Re: Giving free coffee. At my store, there are a few regular customers who get free coffee, and have for over a decade. We all have our 'favorites', and even the boss will explain to newbies who is exempt from paying for coffee or fountain sodas.

1 comment: