Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tattoos


When I was little, my older brother got his first tattoos. I was very young and I couldn't understand why ANYONE would willingly have a bunch of needles inject ink into their skin. As much as I liked my brother's tattoos, anytime he joked about when I was going to get my own, I would practically throw a fit in my vehemence to declare that I would 'Never ever EVER" get inked.

A year and a half ago, I ate those words.

I had been wanting to get a tattoo for a while, toying with several ideas and designs, before finally narrowing down to two choices: A tribal fox tail or Michaelangelo of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Then Fenris died, and the choice was clear. I took Fenris' initials (N.R.F.) and created a memorial sigil for him. I added it to the perch that Mickey is sitting on and then began saving up to get the ink.

To the best of my knowledge, I'm the only one, so far, who has gotten a memorial tattoo for Fenris. It was something I HAD to do. It just felt RIGHT that my first tattoo have a double significance.

I've been wanting to get another tattoo for a while, I have this plan to get as much of my body modification done before I hit 30 as possible. Considering I got a late start by waiting till I was 24 to get my ears pierced, and given my own track record for being 10 years late for everything, I'll probably finish the transformation in time for my 40th birthday XD I had -thought- that the next piece I get done would be seven Fox pawprints going up my right leg.

The Universe, it seems, has other ideas.

Without getting too indepth (save it for another posting), the Universe has made it very clear that "One TMNT tattoo is NOT enough." I'm going to need the whole 'Set", so to speak. I've already started sketching the next one, and if I can budget myself over the next year, I will be getting it before my next birthday.

I highly doubt I'll be able to get so lucky as I did the first time, and have Mark Bode do my next one. It can't hurt to try, though ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment