Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Old One-Eye Came to Visit



Last night, as just about everyone knows, was the Yuleclipse. For the first time in several hundred years (I've heard since 1348, 1654, and several other dates, depending on the sources) we had a Total Lunar Eclipse, on December 21st, The Winter Solstice and Longest night of the year, PLUS the second Full Moon to fall on a significant pagan Holiday ( Halloween was also on a Full Moon). I caught the first part of the moon waning, but by the time it was totally covered, the clouds had moved in overhead.

But, You bet your ass I did something special!

I had NEVER put so much planning and care into a ritual before. Normally I'm spontaneous or just have a basic idea and gather together my tools at the moment of Working. This time I went all out. Everything I'd thought about doing was confirmed by Blogomancy (Every other blog I was reading had a post about the very subjects I was thinking of working on for this ritual. If that's not confirmation from the Universe, IDK what is!). Forget Tarot or the Pendulum, Blogomancy is turning into a very fun form of divination!

What I wasn't expecting was a certain Deity to crash the party (altho I don't think it's too OOC for him).


Old One-Eye Himself.
Talk about feeling awkward, since I literally know NOTHING about Norse mythology.

He spoke to me through the only one-eyed vessel I had at the Altar:


-THIS- is going to be interesting.


Divine Party-Crashers aside, the whole ritual worked out to levels I did NOT expect. Even with the minor timing set backs of hunting down last-minute items (my figurines had fallen out of their box in the Water Closet, so B had to help me look) Merc. Retrograde didn't hinder me in the slightest. 

Although the playlists were a little spooky...

At one point, B came home and nearly interrupted my concentration early on, and I had to skip back 2 songs to get back into the mood. Half-way thru the first song, the track jumped to the next one, without my touching the iPhone at all. O.o After that, the music was in PERFECT synch with everything else. The entire playlist was just over 80mins long and I started it about 20 before the Eclipse was set to start.

I get the feeling a certain Old Man wanted me to hurry up and get to the good parts.

The entire thing was amazing, insightful, and worked out amazingly well. The fears and doubts of the last year have been burned away and scattered tot he winds. The Blessiungs have been written, tied to the Yule-Chunk** and spent the night charging under the Eclipse and in the morning sunlight. It will be burned in Mom's fireplace on Christmas Morning.

This is going to be an *Interesting* year.





** Yule-Chunk = Chunk of wind-storm-toppled Oak that died last spring. Too dry for carving, too small for a Log, it's a Yule Chunk this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment