Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dark Winter, Dark Magick: Vinegar Bottle

No, Jack I said 'vinegar', not 'jar-o-dirt'.
 
So on the Dark Moon, I made a little special something. I wrote previously about a co-worker (Darth A-Hole) who believes that he can do whatever he likes, regardless of the consequences to others "Because [he] Can." I have personally witnessed this excuse for a human being in action, gloating over his deeds, while his (now ex)girlfriend was weeping to me and begging for some kind of help or guidance.

Now, this was not a task I took lightly. I consulted various oracles before committing to cast anything, just to be sure. My pendulum almost smacked me in the face, it swung so hard.

I had already cast a small hex on Darth A-Hole that resulted in his being demoted and forced to work 3rd shift, after having spent the last 2 years thinking he was cock-of-the-walk and getting away with all sorts of bullshit. In doing a second Working on him, I didn't want to get too indepth. I figured a souring spell mixed with a binding (to keep him from doing harm to others) would be the best option.

Vinegar spells are popular in Hoodoo and I have a certain affinity for the down and dirty feeling of Hoodoo rootwork. I scoured my resources and books, finally adapting a few spells and tips from the Encyclopedia of 5,000 Spells  .

*** The following is a basic account of what I did to make the spell bottle, not an actual formula. I don't usually write my spells and formulas down, as many are concocted on the fly.***

First, I wrote his full name on a slip of paper and tucked it into an empty vodka nip-sized bottle.
I then poured in enough salt to cover the bottom of the jar (to protect others from his influence and 'seal' the bottle's energies).
Next, I added Angelica root (Angelica root in considered a woman's domination herb, as opposed to High John root, which is traditionally masculine) to make him bow to a woman's control; Rosemary, another woman's herb, to protect and offer more control to the women around him; and Rue, to make him rue the day he decided "Because I Can" should be his justification to trample on others.
I topped it off with apple cider vinegar, to generally 'sour' his life and make him actually face the consequences for his actions.
The bottle was then sealed with black wax (I had a black tealight with his name carved onto it) and painted the bottle three colors: White, for protection and make sure whatever befell him wasn't truly dangerous, just instructive; Red, for powerful and swift action; and Black, to ensure that his own negativity would be sent back to him at full force.
Even though the paint was still kinda wet, I wrapped some black yarn around the bottle to fully bind him and his actions, tied with nine knots to seal it. A final dip in the melted wax and it was done.

I then scrubbed my hands with a mixture of Dead Sea Salts, Dragon's Blood, and Hyssop extract to get all the paint and negativity off.

The bottle sat on my Altar since the Dark Moon. I find that letting a hex 'brew and ferment' for a little while often increases the power.

Today, I presented the bottle to his Ex, who still must live with him and whom he still tries to control. She was instructed to merely keep the bottle in a safe, dark place, and every now and then, when he's being particularly prick-ish, to just give it a shake and know that things would be taken care of.

Some would call me a Wicked Witch for hexing a co-worker like this. Some would argue that I'm interfering with his Free Will and that I should leave things for Karma to sort out.

This is a man who has hit at least one woman, and probably a few more, who blatantly breaks the rules of our job, and yet is never reprimanded (even for serious things like leaving a 3rd-shift trainee ALONE on her second night for over an hour). I could go on, but let me put it this way: Even his own immediate FAMILY members can't stand him.

I am a Libra, we seek Balance and Justice. I see this a just giving Karma a little shove in the right direction.

2 comments:

  1. Bravo!!!! Mind if I borrow your recipe and tweak it for my own. I am dealing with a female version of your male.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a few recipes like this in my books, but I'll happily reprint a few of them in another post. Those will have actual ingredient measurements in them :) My spell work is a lot like my cooking: A pinch of this, a handful of that, stir together, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete